Wednesday, October 09, 2002

Okay, so here's the latest...
Yesterday on my way out at the end of the day I was asked if I would be interested in interviewing for a long term position that would start around Thanksgiving. Of course, I said yes, not being one to pass up a job. The interview went very will. However, after getting home and talking with my hubby I decided that taking on a long term subbing position (with full responsibilities and no benefits) was not a good idea. Especially with the contracted positions that have been mentioned to me lately.

(night falls, cue next day)

Today as I was leaving the principal asked me to wait and talk to her. Being the TOTAL FREAK that I am, I immediately started wondering if I had done something wrong during the last couple of days. I AM A FREAK. Anyway, she wanted to tell me that they were done interviewing and they thought that I would be the best one to take over the class. I had to explain that I was very flattered and glad that they thought so highly of me but that I really needed health insurance and all the other things that come with a contract. The whole time I was wondering if I was making a HUGE mistake. She was very wonderful and said that she would be sure to pass my name along to other principals that I was looking for a job and put in a good word for me. I think I made the best decision. I think I made the right decision. I think...what? Oh, well, yeah. I AM trying to convince myself. Why? : )

No comments: