Friday, October 04, 2002

Got up at 7 to feed the cats and called in to find a job for the day. I was told (electronically, of course) that the system was temporarily down. Rather than calling the sub desk as I have done in the past, I simply turned off my alarm and went back to sleep. I feel awful that I am not earning money today, but to assuage my guilt I will be spending much of my day cleaning dishes, mowing lawns and generally returning our little home to a state of livabiliy. When I am done with that I will work on my classwork and prepare work for my tutoring students next week. So at least I am not sitting in front of the boobtube, watching soaps and eating bonbons. : )

Yesterday I got some wonderful news. Nicolas Valley, my favorite school in the district, is looking for yet another 5th grade teacher. My pals there (the rest of the 5th grade team) made sure that I knew about the position, that the principal knew that I was looking for a job and that they would LOVE to have me there. No guarantees, but at least I know that I have some major support there. If it goes to a teacher who is already contracted, I am out of luck. But if they give it to someone new, I am confident in my chances. Hooray!!!! And even if that doesn't pan out, I will get to be part of the 5th grade team from April to the end of the year because there is a teacher who will be going on maternity leave and she has already asked me to fill in for her if I am available.

Hmm...there was something else...uuummmm...nope, it's gone. Oh well, if it's important I will think of it. In the meantime, everyone say a prayer or cross your fingers or do whatever it is that you do to wish my pal Joie good luck and a safe hurricane experience. She is right in the path of Hurricane Lili. Joie, I hope that you are having a good time and STAYING OFF THE ROOF, you crazy girl.

No comments: