Tuesday, October 15, 2002

I was thinking sappy thoughts while I did my chores this morning...

To me marriage has a special sound...the sound of my wedding band as it clinks against the washing machine or the dishes or my glass at dinner time. That little, barely noticeable sound is a constant reminder that I am now a married woman. That someone met me, got to know me, judged me in every way and still found me desirable enough to commit to spending the rest of their life with me. That there is someone who loves me so much that they have promised to stick by me through all the chaos that is my life. That if I am sick or sad or happy or excited or frightened or confused or giddy or simply just existing - there is someone to share it with. Every little tap of my ring is an echo of the promise that was made to me. I love that. I love being married. I love my Mikey. : )

No comments: