Sunday, July 17, 2005

But You Can Call Me MASTER.

Finally, after 5 years, I have decided it is time to do some more learning. I am going to start working on my Masters of Education in Curriculum and Instruction. However, since I don't really know what aspect of education I am really that interested in (and since the thought of writing a paragraph here can make me break out in a sweat, nevermind the thought of putting together a thesis paper), I am not really putting all that much effort into it. I have signed up with a college that runs its program in an at-home, self-paced, through-the-mail kind of way. Over the next year, in my spare time, I will be reading textbooks, answering study guide questions, and taking tests. When I am done, I will get a nice, little raise, which is really what this is all about. Without this program, it is another couple of years and several college credits before I see any increase at all in my paycheck. I am a little ashamed to be doing this in such a half-assed manner and for such a materialistic reason, but I figure that I have lots of time to figure out what my real focus will be and then I will go back to school again. Besides, I am going to get as much out of this as I TRY to get out of it.

No comments: