Sunday, July 10, 2005

I need a truck!

We did indeed make our trip to The City yesterday, but we didn't manage to do everything we had planned. We did make some fun unplanned stops, however. I guess it all evens out.

Picture Frames:
I am not good at hanging/framing pictures. If I get something I like, I put it up, whether it's ready or not. I had a fine collection of pictures and artwork that all needed mats, frames or both. Before putting holes in the new walls, I decided to get the pictures looking good. Fortunately, the frame store was having a sale. For every frame we bought we could pick from a select few for a penny. That's right. One cent! I got everything framed and matted and beautiful for 1/2 what it would have cost otherwise. Whoohoo!

Crafting:
I am determined to learn how to crochet. I want to be able to make afghans and throw blankets, as nothing makes an evening quite so cozy. So, yesterday, I bought myself a couple of books and some yarn. What I have learned so far - crocheting is HARD. Much harder than knitting.
Speaking of which - I have completed a wintery scarf and I am beginning on one of those floofy ones that are so popular these days. It is a multicolored thing (blue, green, yellow) with little puffies throughout.
I am also working on a cross stitch. It is a gift that is due in August, so I am trying to hussle on it. Hmm. I just realized that I should have gotten a frame for it yesterday while the gettin' was good. Drat.

Shopping:
Once again spent way too much on food. This weekly menu thing is just giving us reason to buy too much and eat too much. Ideas on reducing?

Library:
We haven't been to the library in ages, but yesterday we spent ages there. I left with three mystery type novels, a book about the revolutionary war (studying up so I can teach it next year!), and a biography of Mahatma Gandhi. Will I get them done in the next two weeks? Of course!

Eating Out:
Scarcella's Italian Grill - If you're ever in Temecula, and you like Italian food, you really should try it. Yummy.
SubMarina - My new favorite vice is a 9" cheese on french bread, with lettuce, tomato, onion, black olives, salt/pepper, and LOTS of mayo. Yummy x2, because I had leftovers for today's lunch.

Home Despot:
My power tools of choice (lawn mower/weed wacker/leaf blower) are no longer very useful out here, so I had to get some new toys. In preparation for making the cat run, we got a new hammer, a staple/nail gun, and a miter box. (BTW - who's bright idea was it to make a guide for a wood saw out of WOOD? Just a thought I had yesterday.) We contemplated getting a miter saw, but couldn't yet justify the expense given our complete lack of skill (hence the miter box instead). Perhaps if we build the workbench for it to go on, we will have earned it?
Also, we didn't get the materials for the cat-run. There was no room left in the CRV. Next time.

No comments: