Sunday, July 24, 2005

Stuff

We went jogging today. Well, to be honest, we went walking and it involved a short (about 1 long block) amount of jogging. But it was up a hill! We saw many tracks (coyote, dog, quail, human, automobile), chatted with the neighbors as they drove by ('cause that's what we country folk do), and enjoyed the fresh air.
The jogging caused my breathing tubes to tighten in a slightly uncomfortable way. That always used to happen when I was a kid and I ran too much, too. It was never bad enough to mention it (so I never knew I had asthma until a few years ago), but enough to make running unpleasant. If we keep this jogging thing up, I'll have to start using the inhaler.
-------

If only I could get everyone I know to keep online journals. They wouldn't even have to write anything all that private. If they just mentioned a few of their daily activities in an online place, I would have a place to keep in touch with them. I really like being able to keep up with Amy, Raya, Amber, and Paul's lives this way. Makes me feel like I actually know them, rather than just being related to them. And of course, being able to check on Kate's progress daily makes it easier to stop worrying and start sending healing vibes.
-------

My vacation is almost over. I have another week to lounge around and then the chaos starts. I spend the first week getting my classroom all sparkly and organized for the upcoming class. Then I have to pack and I spend 2 weeks bouncing around MN like a crazed (but happy) pinball. Upon my return, the summer will have dissolved into the brand-spanking-new school year.
Surprisingly, I am not sad about that. I have had time to do the relaxing and playing and visiting and sleeping and reading that I wanted to do. By the time I go back to school, I will have visited with friends and family alike, both at home and away. It has been nice, but I am looking forward to that first day with that shining sea of new faces waiting for me. If the summer lasts too much longer, I will start taking it for granted.
------

There was an amazing thunder and lightening storm the other night. It woke us up several times - mostly to ooh and aah, but once to run around shutting windows before the rains soaked everything. There was evidence of a fire off in the distance, which had us a little nervous, but it was gone by morning. The ground soaked the water up quickly and the plants are already looking a little greener. Of course, that won't last long. It was quite spectacular.

No comments: