Friday, July 01, 2005

Welcome, D-Dogg!

It is slightly alarming to think that there are people in the real world (besides my family) that might be reading this. I know that is the purpose, but it can be somewhat intimidating to be writing things that someone who is aquianted with you might be reading. Although mostly easygoing, I have some pretty strong opinions about some pretty hot topics. While I don't expect people to always agree with me, not everyone has such an openminded approach to things. Having such a public job, it means I have to be careful about what I say for fear of offending/upsetting someone who might have influence over my job (read: parents, community members, DO officials, anyone).

Why does this come up? I have recently been visited by a parent. Granted he is the exact opposite of what I described above, having shown himself to be quite openminded and reasonable. Not to mention a man of exceptional humor and generosity - he provided us with taped episodes of South Park and Family Guy, providing me with a comedic outlet that many parents might not understand (or at the very least want to know about) in an elementary school teacher. His visit doesn't worry me, but it does highlight the fact that I am not exactly hidden away in the darkest corners of Peru here. There could be lots of people from my school community reading this. I just hope that they read long enough to really see what is going on here before making any snap judgements. Yeah. Right.

I should probably take my ramblings somewhere else, but I hesitate for several reasons:
1. I really like the name Rambling with Isha and don't want to lose it.
2. I really like sharing these thoughts with my family and friends who are regulars here.
3. I am not secretive enough to maintain any kind of anonymity for long even if I were to start a new blog.
4. I don't like the idea of being chased away by the mere possibility of problems.

I will just have to think before I post things. Not really asking all that much, is it?

No comments: