Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Stylistic Differences

When my husband writes something, he works it over and over, picking the precise wording and punctuation to express himself. He goes back when he's all done to reread, checking each sentence. Consequently, he usually says what he means and means what he says.

When I write, I edit as I go. As each sentence is being formed, it goes through many incarnations, but once it's done, I move on. If I don't catch the problem as it occurs, it stays where it is, immortalized forever. I rarely read my posts from beginning to end, since all I want is to get the thoughts out of my head and onto "paper". Unfortunately for you, Gentle Readers, this means most of my posts are rambling and disjointed. Although I know this means I will never be as famous or well-read as others (Dooce!), I find that this style serves its purpose well. The thought demons that have been purged here rarely sneak back in to haunt my sleep. That's all I ask.

No comments: