Friday, July 15, 2005

By the Numbers

1 = cat run sides that are framed in
16 = 2"x4"x8' boards purchased at Home Depot
2 = college graduates working on the project
24 = nails currently holding project together
6 = hours spent on the project so far
8 = nails lying mangled and broken on the garage floor
4 = times I had to walk away for fear of throwing that good-for-nothing hammer through a wall
12 = cuts through said 2"x4"x8's with a hand saw
235 = degrees F above 0 in the shade, at 4:00 pm in Anza this afternoon
0 = screws of correct size to be found in our garage

I am having trouble with this handy-man crap. I don't know how people managed to get things built before power tools. It took me forever to make those cuts and drive those nails. I can't even imagine putting up a barn or a house this way. Wow.

No comments: