Sunday, July 31, 2005

Madam Mysterio

I am going to have to be vague and mysterious more often. It gets my comments jumpin'.

Usually when I am hesitant to divulge details it is because I am angry or upset enough that I am afraid I will say something that I come to regret later. Some of my family members read here and I don't want to cause problems by ranting first and thinking later. Others of my family don't read here and I don't want my blog to be the secret club where we all bash on them behind their backs. I guess I don't want to be writing things here that I wouldn't be willing to say to their faces. If this were a private blog and I were the only one reading, it might be different, but it isn't and I'm not.

My current challenge was facing someone I love very much with something that I knew was going to hurt her but that had to be said. It had to be said because it has been slowly eating me up inside for the last...well, if I were to really be honest, I guess it would be almost 10 years. We talked. There were tears. I have no idea if anything will change from it, but it feels good to have it out in the open. I'm not much good at secrets - more of a heart on my sleeve kind of girl. This is the difficult challenge I was awaiting. I had left a couple of messages and I was waiting for the return call.

I am reading this over and realizing that it probably sounds like I am trying to be dramatic and mysterious. I'm not. I just don't feel comfortable writing about it in further detail. But I will say this: The fear of confrontation is always worse than the confrontation itself. At least that is my experience. Oh, and I'll say this too: Putting up a wall to protect the feelings of someone else is no good if it turns into a prison for your own feelings.

No comments: