Tuesday, May 20, 2003

!@%!@$# Blogger. I hate having to re-type things.

Disregard this post. I am simply venting. Move along, please.

Most of the time I am content to be the one to sacrifice for others. I will bend over backwards to assure a loved one is protected, while leaving myself at risk. Everyone know that I am the one to can be trusted to be on time, to finish up the chores, to make the phone call, to save the day. I give it all to make sure that life is as good as possible for others. It is what I do. And like I said, most of the time, I am down with that. Makes me feel good.

However, every once in a while, a line is crossed. Twice in my life now I have been forced to give up something that is very important to me. It is a little thing that most people wouldn't think twice about. But to me, it's important. And I have lost it because of the poor choices and selfish behaviors of someone I love. Again.

It is times like this that I am reminded how easy it is to shift me to the back burner. I don't have to be looked after because I can take care of myself. I don't need to be supported because I am strong. I am the quiet kid in the back of the room who is ignored because the troublemakers in the front take so much of the teacher's attention. At least, that is what THEY think. They're wrong.

Oh well. I'll suck it up. I'll be fine. I always am. Because I can take care of myself. Right?

No, I really don't want to talk about it.

No comments: