Friday, May 16, 2003

i got to school this morning at 8 am (my usual arrival time). I had about 15 minutes to get things done and then the phone started ringing. I was talking with parents non-stop until the bell rang at 9:00 and there was still a parent there to see me in person then. These conversations ranged from friendly and cheerful to annoying and frustrating (no, ma'am, it ISN'T my fault your son gave you false information and caused you to waste your entire afternoon, sorry). One of the moms I want to just hug because she is so wonderful and supportive and nice. Another makes me want to tear my hair out after 2 minutes. So it goes.

We finished our CAT/6 testing today. Standardized tests all morning long is the pits, but we sure had fun in the afternoons. We spend much of one day experimenting with watercolors. Another day we had some extra free play and today we played Heads Up, 7 Up. Hooray for having fun. Next week it's back to the grind. Boo, hiss.

Now I'm off to enjoy my weekend. We are going to see Matrix Reloaded tomorrow. The sun is out and the heat is on here in Temecula. My birthday is a week from tomorrow. The windows were all open all day and it smells nice in my house. I got to play a fun word game on the computer. (Thanks, Seth!) And life is good in general. Peace out.

No comments: