Sunday, May 11, 2003

Here's the Friday Five...

1. Would you consider yourself an organized person? Why or why not?
Absolutely. To a fault. I love to organize. In fact, I will waste huge amounts of time and money to get something organized, just to find that I don't like it that way and need to re-organize it. It borders on an obsession!

2. Do you keep some type of planner, organizer, calendar, etc. with you, and do you use it regularly?
I have a 3 ring binder that I use to plan my school days. I have a daily calendar that I write things in, but since I don't look at it every day it isn't always as helpful as it could be.

3. Would you say that your desk is organized right now?
Somewhat. It is organized into piles - Need to File, Need to Work On, Need to Respond To, Etc.

4. Do you alphabetize CDs, books, and DVDs, or does it not matter?
Yes. I don't really care if they are alphabetized or not, but it's fun to get them that way. Sometimes I split them into categories and then alphabetize. All depends on how much time I have to waste.

5. What's the hardest thing you've ever had to organize?
A classroom schedule. I was once in charge of an autistic preschool. There were 7 students, each with their own strict schedule, that needed to be attended to. I had to plan the day so that each student got the required amount of play, work, exercise, and rest according to their IEPs. I also had to schedule which of the 4 adults was responsible for which students during the day. It was pretty chaotic, but by the time we were 6 weeks into our 9 week program we had it pretty well down. : )

No comments: