Monday, May 05, 2003

We had adventures in that great expanse they call Outside the House. Hooray!

1. Bought transfer sheets at Staples. I am making tee-shirts for the family to wear to my brother's high school graduation in a couple of weeks. I found a wonderful (read: horribly embarassing) picture of him from a couple years ago and decided to get creative. It will be fun for all. : )

2. Test drove a Civic Hybrid. This was probably a mistake because now I am seriously jonesing for a new car. And unless I win the lottery there is no way I can afford one. Especially not the Hybrid which is about $21,000. *Sigh* Oh - and just a friendly tip for any of you hoping to become car salesmen - DON'T argue with the customer. They HATE that. When they tell you that they want to buy a hybrid type car for environmental reasons don't tell them that they could just "buy a Civic LX and donate a couple thousand dollars to an environmental agency". It's NOT the same.

3. Donated blood. I am a wuss and I HATE needles and pain of any kind, but I feel good about doing this. I now have a hole in my arm, a pretty blue bandage, a new tee-shirt and a $5 gift certificate for food. Of course, I feel kinda dumb because I managed to get light-headed and everyone made a big deal over me and I was embarassed. Such is the price for doing a good deed. : )

I have determined that Outside the House is a good place and will attempt to visit again soon. At the moment I am going to lie down and read smutty trash. I have to rest up for a night with the Js.

No comments: