Saturday, May 03, 2003

Yesterday my students were required to complete a simile activity. They had to come up with a simile to describe (nicely) each member of our classroom. It was amusing to read through them last night. Some of the best...okay, maybe most creative is a better description...

S***** is as cool as a Pokemon.
T**** is as daring as a fire eater.
M******* is as generous as a tree.
O** is as handsome as Denzel Washington. (Interestingly enough, O** came up with this one!)
N*** is as fast as me. (O** came up with this one too. O** doesn't have any self-esteem problems.)
A****** is as peaceful as her guinea pig.
K**** is as funny as a possom. (??? I had no idea.)
O** is as quiet as a hyena. (Yep, that's the same O**. And yep, he's about that quiet!)
Mrs. H. is as pretty as a horse. (As my hubby was reminding me last night, that is a good thing in the mind of a child. They think horses are pretty.)
B**** is as energetic as a zebra foal.

We had fun with this activity. I am going to type them all up and make each child a book of similes about themselves. I think I will do this for the end of the year so they can use them like yearbooks. : )

No comments: