Sunday, February 02, 2003

I am a little concerned. I am enjoying my life. It is really good. I mean REALLY. I have everything I ever wanted to have and more. I have been lucky beyond imagination. I have my health. I have my family. I have my friends. I have a house. I have money to buy things. I have good food. I have it all. If I were to be at this level of satisfaction for the rest of my life I would be happy. More than happy.

My concern is this: I keep meeting people - adults - who are unhappy. Either they are in debt or they are lonely or they are too fat or too skinny or too busy or not busy enough. No one is happy. Everyone I see is wishing their life were somehow different than it is. Some of them made obvious mistakes. Others just woke up one morning and realized that they weren't happy. Many of them don't even seem to know why they are unhappy. Just that they are.

So how do I avoid that? How do I keep from making those mistakes? How do I keep sight of my goals without letting myself fall into dispair if I can't reach them as soon as I plan? How do I stay happy? I don't want to be as...lost...as those I see around me. I am a little concerned that I won't be able to master this trick. After all, if it were easy, everyone would do it. Right?

No comments: