Wednesday, February 26, 2003

So after a nap, a hefty dose of Aleve and mac and cheese with tator tots (served up by the darling hubby), I was able to get my report cards done. I also managed to bubble in the district assessment forms. Hooray me!

And can I just say one thing? (Ha! As if you could STOP me!) We do WAY too much standardized assessment in schools these days. It is has taken the better part of two weeks to get all the testing done. It's stressful for the students. It's stressful for the teachers. And it takes up time that could be better spent actually LEARNING something. I'm not saying we don't need to be keeping track of the students' progress...I'm just saying there are better ways to do it than these DAMN standardized tests. That's right - I said DAMN. :)

Okay. My head is still hurting so I am going to crawl off to bed and hope that it all goes away before morning. Goodnight. Sleep tight. Don't let the bedbugs bite. And if they do, take off your shoe and beat them til their black and blue. (How violent! That was taught to me by my 4th or 5th grade teacher. I gather they say it differently around here.)

No comments: