Saturday, February 15, 2003

Yesterday after the children whined about one of my requests being "UNFAIR" we had a talk about how sometimes life is unfair. That sometimes you just have to "deal" and "get over it". That's how it goes.
And today, as if to prove my point, I came face to face with one of life's most unfair moments. My friend Zander, the charming 16 year old whom I have mentioned before, has been diagnosed with cancer. Not only is it unfair that someone in thier teens should have to face cancer on top of the normal teenaged angst, but it is even more unfair that it should happen to Zander. He has already dealt with so much and worked so hard to get to the place he is now. Despite a history of abuse and illness he is well adjusted, kind, funny and thoughtful. I have the utmost respect for him and the thought of him having to go through more trials breaks my heart. It seems strange to be so emotionally attached to someone I have never met in person, but I have spent the afternoon mourning the loss of his childhood. I count him among my friends and I am always sad to see him pained in any way.

OK. Enough of that.

I know that things will turn out for the best. Zander will beat this and any further tests with the strength of his heart and the power of the love which surrounds him. I feel that he is meant for great things and I can't wait to see them happen. Please include this amazing young man in your prayers and your thoughts. He needs all the healing power he can get right now.

Be strong, Zander. Fight this with everything you have and don't ever give up. We are all here for you.

I wish you Peace, I wish you Health and I wish you Joy.

No comments: