Tuesday, February 11, 2003

This is paraphrased from something I just heard on CNN.

Reporter: Isn't it true that we are seeing increased anti-american feelings world-wide, not from the governments (who are supporting us), but from the people in the streets through polls and anecdotal evidence?

Ari Fleischer: These governments are representative of the people of their countries. I don't think that the governments would be supporting us if that weren't the predominent feeling of the people.

Yes, Mr. Fleischer, because all the world is a democracy. There is no dishonesty, no falsehood. Governments do exactly what we would have them do. Even I know that this isn't the case. Even in this country...a republic...as close to a democracy as you will see in the world these days...that STILL isn't how it works. Please. All the wool over my eyes is making my itch.

UPDATE: Here is the link to the White House press release of Mr. Fleischer's press briefing.

No comments: