Saturday, February 15, 2003

New Friday Five...

1. Explain why you started to journal/blog.
At first it was an attempt to open a communication channel with members of my family who live far away. However, it has evolved into a personal journal of sorts. The only one I have ever been able to maintain for more than a week.

2. Do people you interact with day to day or family members know about your journal/blog? Why or why not?
My family knows about it. A few of them stop in regularly, some come when I tell them that there is something they should see, but most aren't interested. That's okay with me. The only friends who know about it are my online friends. I haven't told any of my truly day to day people - co-workers, friends, etc. - partly because I like having a place to talk about them, and partly because they already think I'm a little nuts. I don't need to give them tangible evidence!

3. Do you have a theme for your journal/blog?
I guess it would be "Me". I post what I am thinking, feeling, learning, experiencing. Of course, there is little rhyme or reason to how I communicate these things. It's a mish-mash. Kinda like my brain.

4. What direction would you like to have your journal/blog go in over the next year?
It would be fun to have more visitors. I am a bit of a showoff, I guess. But really, I would just be impressed if I was still doing it. I have really taken to it and I like having a journal form that I can stick with. It is good for me to get this stuff out of my head. It just rattles around in there, taking up space.

5. Pimp five of your favorite journals/blogs.
Hmm...my 5 favorites...I guess I would say that number five is Silent in the Morning. I haven't been reading it long, but I really enjoy what I have seen so far. Note the previous post dedicated entirely to it. Number four would be In Passing, a very interesting blog that journals things that have been overheard and people's interpretations of them. There are some very funny, very intelligent people there. Plus they give you a Froot Bat if you post. Mine's named Tweak. Number three is a tie between two bloggers who I read fairly regularly. Michele (a small victory) and Rob (Gut Rumbles) are both terrific parents, both keep their fingers on the political pulse of the world, and both post things that make me think and piss me off on a regular basis. Keeps me on my toes. Number two is also a tie. Joie (Moving On) and Amy (News about Amy) were both raised in my home state of Minnesota and some of my favorite online chats have been with the two of them. I miss those.

Number one would have to be the Z-man himself, Zander. But I already told you why...

No comments: