Wednesday, November 19, 2003

oneword

I like the word today. It brought an instant metaphor-like comparison to mind. If I were to re-write it, I would actually make it a true metaphor. As usual, the stuff in parenthesis came after the final bell.


They say that only 10% of an iceberg shows as it floats along in the frigid Arctic seas. Much like the emotional aspects of the people I work with every day. I talk with them regu(larly and yet I still know very little about the real person behind the teacher's facade. With most, that 10% is enough. I like them, but I feel very little motivation to throw on the wetsuit and explore the remaining 90% of their personality. However, there are a few of my co-workers who, for some unknown reason, strike a chord with me. Something about them leaves me wishing I knew them better. Wishing that I were among those they call "friend".)

No comments: