Saturday, November 15, 2003

true ramblings

My dad got re-married today. My siblings all went and there was eggplant parmigiana and I assume that he is happy about it but there was no telling from the conversation we had this morning and I am concerned that I have absolutely no emotional connection to this event what-so-ever because I feel like I should care. But I don't think I do. I am not angry about it. I wish them both the best, but I find that this is very much a non-event to me. Or is it just that my complete lack of anger over it is so strange that I am not recognizing my true emotions? Most likely, I am not really processing it at all and when it somehow impacts my life someday in the future it will all come pouring out of me but since I am intensely busy with work right now I am really not too bothered by the effects of this giant brick wall that I have built around my feelings. In fact, I welcome it.

No comments: