Thursday, November 27, 2003

Thanksgiving Day

Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all, a good nap.

We are having dinner (actually more like an early lunch) with the in-laws today. While they are all good people, I am at a loss when it comes to making dinner conversation with them. I was raised in families that got quite raucous at the dinner table. Anything and everything were considered fair game. People knew what your hot buttons were and would make a point of pushing as many of them as possible - all in fun of course. We would get loud and obnoxious and have a lot of fun.

My newest family is not like that. Not to say that they are uptight or anything. But I feel like I need to mind my manners and not talk about things like snot or midgets or politics at the dinner table. Dinner becomes a situation during which I must monitor myself at all times, lest I forget who I am with.

Time to go. Sigh.

No comments: