Sunday, March 28, 2004

Ahem.

Can I just ask one small favor? Just a tiny, little thing that would make my life much easier...

Can you PLEASE stop acting surprised when you find out that I am, indeed, still a vegetarian? Could you please, please, keep in mind that I am, in fact, an adult and capable of making my own life decisions that deserve to be respected, if not understood and embraced? I thought long and hard before becoming a vegetarian and I have strong reasons for it. It is not something I entered into on a lark. So, when you see me next, just go ahead and assume that I am still avoiding meat, unless I say otherwise.

And while you are at it, you can stop pointing out every single vegetarian dish on the menu. I don't point out everything with meat in it to you, do I?

Thanks. And have a nice night.

No comments: