Saturday, March 06, 2004

Sleepy Dreamer

I rarely have nightmares and when I do, they are always brought on my something in real life. Last night I had a doozy. You see, I have two re-occuring themes when it comes to nightmares. First, is the dream where I can't open my eyes. I am being chased or have a delicate job to do and a bright light is shining directly into my face and preventing me from seeing anything. Second, is the dream where I realize that one of my teeth is loose just seconds before it falls out, quickly followed by all the rest.

Last night was one of those nights. I dreamt that someone had kicked me in the mouth, loosening my lower front tooth. I ran around the house holding it in place and demanding that someone get me a glass of milk. I swished to no avail. Shortly after my front tooth fell out, I began losing my molars. But not the whole thing. Just the top halves of each, so there were jagged, pointy edges left in my mouth. It was a decidedly unpleasant experience and after I woke up, I spent several minutes running my tongue along my teeth, making sure they were all there and intact.

No comments: