Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Switches

Recently someone in charge decided that Temecula had had enough of the rainy, spring weather and flipped the seasonal dial to "SUMMER". We have noticed the change, especially at night when we are once again able to sleep with the window open. The plants have noticed, popping into full bloom seemingly overnight. The kitties have noticed, enjoying their daily outing with Daddy during their lunchtime. And my students have noticed, changing from calm, quiet, cooperative children, into squirmy, squirrelly, smelly monsters. As much as I love summer and all it brings with it, I would give large amounts of money to have that dial turned back for about a month. I still have 3 months to go before I can release this particular herd of children back into the wild and I don't know if I can survive with this level of spring fever going full blast for that long. Wish me luck!

No comments: