Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Participation Positives

It has been awhile since I have participated in this particular meme, and it really isn't the right day (Monday), but I figure I should share some of the positives I have been experiencing. Especially after the complaining I did for so long...

I am thankful:
*for the time to not only tell my student that he knows what he is doing, but to wait around and gloat when he finds out he really does,
*for the energy to make social studies come alive,
*for the patience to listen to girls tell EVERY SINGLE DETAIL of their entire 45 minute lunch period as they explain why they aren't speaking to each other,
*for the space to set my room up in a way that is pleasing to the eye, comfortable for the students and managable for me,
*that I have a bounce in my step and a sparkle in my eye that has been missing for some time,
*for the ability to stick to my new goal of being home by 5:30 every night,
*for the support of my friends and family,
*about turning the tables and being the one to give support for awhile,
*for the hail pounding down on the ground just as I am talking about how weather can contribute to erosion of rocks,
*that I allowed the students to get up and look out the windows to see the hail, suspecting that they were going to really appreciate it, and turned out to be right,
*to see my class happily working out fraction problems cooperatively with partners,
*and as always - for my Mikey, who helps make every good thing seem great.

What are YOU thankful for? Leave me a comment or link.

No comments: