Saturday, March 06, 2004

Death and Taxes

Today is the day we find out how much money we owe the government. Blech.

The worst part is that in looking over our finances, we have learned that Mikey made 50% MORE than I did. He works hard and I don't begrudge him anything that he has earned, but he is an independent gamer who does next to no advertising and releases a game roughly once a year. Why am I - a teacher of children, a molder of the future - making only 2/3 of what this game designer is making??? Am I just crazy? Or is it the whole freakin' world that has gone insane?

Enough complaining. The fact that Mikey makes as much as he does, allows me to continue doing what I want - no, NEED - to do, despite the fact that it pays next to nothing. And the benefits that I get through my work allow Mikey to continue doing what he needs to do. It all works out in the end.

No comments: