Tuesday, March 09, 2004

What the...?

Bush's Education Secretary is already on my crap list because of his part in the No Child Left Behind Act. Anyone who thinks that the best way to support teachers is to cut their budget and show them that you don't trust them by mandating even MORE testing, is not working off the same education model I am (to say the very least). However, when that person then compares the National Teacher's Association to "a terrorist organization", even in jest, things have gone past bad and right into insane.

If Secretary Paige would like to come walk a mile in my shoes, I would be more than willing to let him see exactly what kind of organization I work for. On second thought - I wouldn't let him walk in my shoes. Not only do I not trust him with my students - MY KIDS - but I don't think he's up for the job. To be a teacher, you have to think before you speak. All I can say is that Bush better distance himself from this guy in a BIG way because he does not want to be part of this insult on the teachers of America. We may put up with a lot of crap in the name of protecting and supporting our kids, but we aren't stupid and we don't appreciate being treated like the enemy. We are the backbone of this country and it is about time that Bush and his posse start giving us some props.

No comments: