Tuesday, July 09, 2002

Are you a romantic or mushy person? What kinds of things do you do, expect, or like? What is the most romantic experience of your life thus far? Also from the Topics Blog

I am a HUGE romantic. I am into fate and destiny and sappy songs and holding hands and snuggling and surprise gifts and gushing on and on about how fabulous my Mikey is. I am a romance junkie! What do I do? I try to notice and comment on the things my love does, whether it is amazing or average. I make little "hello" phone calls from work. I make cards or write letters for no reason. What do I expect? I look for kind words, little surprises, and the occasional washed dish. I like snuzzles (like a snuggle, only with more zing!) I really like secret notes that I find hidden away somewhere for some future day.

My most romantic experience? I think that would have to be my first "date" with Mikey. It happened toward the end of my first face to face visit with him. (We met online, for those who are confused at this point. I flew out to meet him for a week over my spring break a couple of years ago.) We spent most of the week just hanging out together, but on one of the last days we drove to the shore. We walked along the beach and ate ice cream. We drove around touring the beachfront towns. Then we went to an old, wooden roller coaster and rode once. (This was a big deal because it is something we both love but don't do very often.) It cost a bunch and lasted about 7 seconds, but it was a blast. Then we went to an oriental restaurant where Mikey impressed the waiter by pronouncing the names of the dishes correctly. The whole day was filled with laughter and talk and it ended on the beach watching the sun go down. Mikey snuggled me up in his jacket cause I was chilly. It was a wonderful day.
We have had lots of great days together since then, but that one sticks out. Probably because it was the first. (I also like the day we went to Magic Mountain and Mikey was brave and rode a ride he didn't want to because I wanted him to go with me.)

No comments: