Saturday, July 13, 2002

So. It is 88 degrees in the shade here. I'm hot.

Today I have been Accomplishing Things. Yes, it is so important that it needs capital letters! I have been feeling disgusted at the state of my house lately and particularly worrying about how I am going to feel coming home from my wonderful honeymoon to this STY. So I decided that a deep cleaning was needed. So far I have re-organized all my closets (my walk-in with all my clothes and teaching supplies was the worst), done all the laundry, straightened the office and super cleaned the spare room. I changed the sheets on every bed in the house and went thru all my linens, bagging the ones I don't ever use for a local charity. I also watered my garden and semi-cleaned the rest of the house. I will be deep cleaning the rooms that are used more often a little closer to the day we leave. Doing it now would be a waste of time! This evening I plan to file all the paperwork that has been piling up for months. I am exhausted and sweaty but I am also intensely satisfied. Some people go in for deep tissue massages. I do deep cleaning. What ever makes your socks go up and down (this is something my sister says - isn't it sillly?).

No comments: