Friday, November 29, 2002

Okay, so I wanted to have this up yesterday, but I was too busy enjoying these things to take time out for writing about them. Happy Turkey day, all. I hope yours was as filled with turkey, love, laughter and pie as mine was, but without the demon winds! Enjoy your weekend.

1. Mikey - there isn't a person or thing on earth who can make me smile more or laugh harder, he is my rock, my pillow, my sanity.
2. Mr. Otti - my principal and the man who hired me even though I showed up late the the interview and stumbled over my answers.
3. my house - after a year in my house I am still amazed at how good it feels to have a place that belongs to me.
4. Zah and Zazzy - nothing quite as soothing as a purring kitty on your lap.
5. my siblings - three people who broaden my horizons and share my most enjoyable childhood memories.
6. my parental units - so many different characteristics, so many wonderful qualities to pass on
7. my in-laws - a whole new family that has accepted me, loved me and supported me like one of their own since I moved out here.
8. the hundreds of people in my various extended families - I am blessed beyond belief to have so many people in so many places from so many walks of life that would be there for me and protect me if it were needed. If all families were more like my family the world would be a much more loving (and CRAZY!) place.
9. books - my passport to places, real and imagined, that I may never see in real life
10. music - so many of my memories, good and bad, are tied to music of some sort, all I have to do to remember is find the right cd.
11. our turkey - I thank the turkey that gave up it's life to fill my tummy, he was delicious and well appreciated by all.
12. my computer - to be able to share thoughts, e-mails, pictures, with my family and friends who are so far away is truly a blessing. through the computer I have learned, loved, laughed and found fabulous new pals.
13. Mother Earth - despite all we have done to her, she continues to feed, support and love us.
14. America - even though I deeply fear the direction we are headed, I still realize that there are no better alternatives out there. I am greatful that I live in a place where I CAN express my doubts and fears. I am not giving up on her yet.
15. Christmas shopping - it's done. I am OH SO greatful for that.
16. the wind - finally stopped sometime during the night. All these Californians were so enthralled with it, this Minnesotan was envisioning Dorthy's house flying through the air. That tornado I was in as a babe made enough of an impression that I DO NOT LIKE high winds.

I could go on and on...I have often thought that I am one of the luckiest, winningest, most blessed people in the world. I have so much love and joy and peace - my cup runneth over.

Thank you, all of you, for being alive, for being you, for being a part of my life. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love you all.

No comments: