Saturday, November 16, 2002

What a day! Going out in public is so interesting...I should do it more often! First, we bought our ticket to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, then we went to Johnny Corino's - a "country Italian" place - to celebrate my new job. While sipping our Italian sodas and contemplating the menu Mikey noticed that the table next to us was returning their food. They had found a WORM in their meal. The manager came out and was very apologetic and it was all handled very nicely, but combining that with the not-completely-clean knife and glasses on our own table...well...let's just say we were dubious. We stayed anyway, mostly because neither of us wanted the embarrassment of leaving without ordering. (I know, that is pretty weak.) Mikey's pizza looked great and my Scampi was good, if a little short on shrimp and long on noodles (hehe...pun unintended...hiya, Grampa!) I will say that their tiramisu was good. However, I don't recommend anyone go there. I don't like checking my salad for worms before eating it. And the atmosphere was severely lacking. Not at all worth the $45.

Next stop - Harry Potter 2. A decent movie. I was disappointed in how violent and gorey it was. They certainly weren't making any consessions for those who don't approve of spells and wizardry. I have no problem with magic, but there were several moments of unnecessary violence. I wouldn't take anyone younger than about 12. But I am probably a bit prudish about those things. There were tons of kiddos in the theatre and I truly enjoyed the spontaneous bursts of applause as Harry and friends routed the badguys. I think I will go to more kid's movies just for that. Adults just don't get into the story enough! Also got a quote which I think will be made into a poster and placed prominently in my classroom:
"It's not your abilities that make you who you are, it's your choices."
Yup. Exactly.

All in all, a very enjoyable day on the town with my darling. : )

No comments: