Thursday, November 07, 2002

You are reading the blog of the newest addition to the 3rd grade team at Helen Hunt Jackson Elementary!! I am officially hired for the position! I am a teacher. For real. Not a sub. A really real teacher. YEEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been working towards this goal since I was very young. I remember forcing my sister, who didn't even like school in the first place, to play school at home for hours. I have a picture of me reading to a circle of stuffed animals and looking very stern. I am a teacher thru and thru and finally I have a place of my own. I sat in my room for hours after school today - working on plans and organizational stuff. Every few minutes I would look around and think "This is MY classroom. These are MY students. I BELONG here." I am happy. And tired. Goodnight.

No comments: