Sunday, November 10, 2002

On Wicked Step-mothers

I have one. Have for nearly 18 years now. She's a blast! We have always gotten along well and I truly enjoy her company. She is quite a night owl like me so when I go visit we stay up late talking and doing odd chores. She has shared her love for chocolate, sewing, origami cranes, tea (Black Cherry flavored??) and jello molds with me. She helped me make a cake shaped like the Easter bunny one year. She is a Lutheran pastor and one of the only people in my life who follows an organized religion. Her faith and spirituality are strong and perfectly meshed with a wonderful sense of humor. Although she has always shared her faith with me and welcomed me whole heartedly into her church I have never felt pressured in any way to conform to any particular belief myself. I have always felt that she played an important role in keeping my father and I from losing touch when I was in my ugly pre-teen years and for that I am eternally greatful. She worked with me to write up a wedding ceremony that I will treasure deeply forever. She has toughed my life in so many wonderful, countless ways. I wouldn't be me without her. Kathy, I can't thank you enough for being my wicked step-mother. : ) (And thanks for the great phone call, too. It was fun!)

No comments: