Wednesday, November 27, 2002

Today I cooked. I literally spent most of the day in the kitchen. First, I cooked up some wild rice. I made breadsticks out of that. I didn't cheat and use the bread machine either! It was fun to watch the yeast bloom. These breadsticks are yummy and they look BEAUTIFUL. After you roll them out you snip the ends so they look like stalks of wild rice. If you serve them all bunched together standing in a bowl, it is spectacular! The recipe I linked to is similar to the one I used, but it doesn't require rye flour and it doesn't make them into cute shapes. I will post the actual recipe later. When that was done I made the Sweet Corn Tomalito - a mexican dish. We had it at Chevy's the other day and it was SO GOOD. Chevy's, by the way, also has very good salsa. I was told by a chef there to look for it at www.topsecretrecipes.com. The only problem with the Tomalito recipe is that it claims it will be done in an hour. My first batch steamed for nearly 2 hours and the second batch is taking just as long. Dinner is going to be GOOD tomorrow!

No comments: