Sunday, November 24, 2002

What a fun weekend. Aunt Kakey told lots of stories about the sibs when they were younger. Everyone likes to hear Mikey stories best. Everyone except Mikey! We also went out to a yummy Japanese place. I am liking California rolls more and more each time I try them. Soon I will graduate to sashimi! *small uncontrollable shudder*

Mikey's nephew, Trey is the cutest, most adorable thing. I never thought that I would see a kiddo who was a cute as my own neice and nephews...but Trey is right up there! And he is SO smart. He is saying all kinds of words and putting words together to make short sentences (more nanna). He even knows the sign language for some words!! Last time we saw him he was barely walking and this time he was having fun running up and down a small hill. He was so proud of himself when he managed to go down without falling on his nose! Speaking of which, he can point out his eyes, nose, ears, mouth and toes. He is very clever. Uncle Joe thinks that he is going to be a brain surgeon. : ) The only thing he won't do...say my name. He says mama, dada, News (Sue), Mike, Kakey, Joe, Grandpa...everyone else's name. But when he is asked to say my name he just says "no". Oh well. Someday!

Mikey's aunt and uncle just got back from a trip to France and while they were there they took all kinds of pictures which they shared with us. I love seeing pictures of other countries! One of the pictures was of an ice cream shop called "Soleileil" that sold olive oil ice cream. They said is was very good, but it sounds odd to me. I will have to go try it myself sometime. Anyway, go see the picture - it was a cute shop. They also went to a perfume factory that sold "Soleil" perfume. Guess who got a bottle? : ) Also bath wash and a bar of soap. It smells loverly.

So, we had a wonderful trip up north and are planning to head south this afternoon to have dinner with the parents and sisters-in-law. Lots of driving, but I think it's worth it to see family. Esp. when I can get Mikey to do most of the driving! 'Night!

No comments: