Sunday, October 31, 2004

Blame Amy

1)Starting with your head down to your toes, what health/beauty products have you used/applied to your body so far today? [For example, shampoo, toothpaste, makeup, cologne/perfume, nail polish, etc.]
I have brushed my teeth with Scope (I hate toothpaste) and put on Suave deoderant. On my shower days, I would also have used Suave Humectant shampoo and conditioner. I never apply makeup - just the occasional lotion to soothe any dry skin and Carmex if my lips are chapped.

2. Do you have a ritual when you take a shower, such as washing your hair first or maybe even brushing your teeth in the shower? If so, what? Do you prefer baths or showers?
I like to occasionally soak in a bath, but showers are my daily routine. We have a HUGE shower with great pressure. Very important. I turn on the water to heat up and get my clothes together for the day. I get in and get my hair wet. Lather in shampoo. If the legs are fuzzy, one gets shaved now and the other after the conditioner is applied. Rinse shampoo, apply conditioner. Lather with body wash (same brand/flavor as the lotion above - Pretty in Pink from Vicki's Secret - a student gave them to me last year and I really like the smell.) Rinse body. Rinse hair. Exit. Toweling occurs in this order - face, arms, body, legs, hair. Oh, and a Q-tip afterwards is a must for the ears. I can't stand wet ears.

3. How do you get yourself up and going in the mornings? Coffee? A hot shower? Breakfast? Would you consider yourself a morning person at all? When do you usually get up?
I am a morning person and provided that I have gotten enough sleep, I don't really need anything to get up and go. My typical routine is such:
alarm, feed cats, bathroom, (shower every other day), dress, brush hair/do minimal prep, make lunch, read while eating breakfast, re-brush hair/brush teeth, pack things, kiss sleeping Mikey, head out the door. I am usually up around 6:30 and out the door around 7:30.

4. Do you normally eat breakfast? What do you usually have? Do you usually make it at home or go out for breakfast, or do you prefer not to eat breakfast?
My favorite breakfast is scrambled eggs and chili beans in a tortilla with sour cream. I have been known to grab a yogurt, a couple peices of toast, or some fruit when in a hurry. I cannot eat cereal on a school day because I am famished by 10:30 if I do. When I go out for breakfast, I order an omelet or pancakes. On rare weekends, we actually make pancakes or french toast at home. Messy.

5. What does your alarm clock sound like? A buzzer, music, or something else? Do you ever set your clock fast so that you push yourself to get ready sooner? Are you usually on time, late, or somewhere in-between?
It sounds like the Beep-Beep-Beep alarms you always hear on TV. Every time I hear that in a commercial my brain shouts "Wake Up!" and I get a shot of adrenaline. I have my bedroom clock set 10 minutes fast, which annoys the hell out of my hubby. I don't know why, because I KNOW it's 10 minutes fast and consequently allow myself to sleep 10 extra minutes. If it is something vitally important, I will be 5-10 minutes early. If not, I am usually a couple minutes late. I try to be on time, but it rarely works.

No comments: