Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Trust

I have mentioned before that my co-workers are very good to me. They are also quite funny. You remember the Label incident. It is a real testiment to our relationships that I can be so openly myself with them. They know that I am a tree-hugging, hippy freak who can't spell or do math in my head, but can be counted on to have important papers filed away in a safe place. They know that I am spacey about some things and analy retentive about others. And they are okay with that.

It is still hard for me to accept that though. I am so used to feeling out of place, that it feels wierd to be accepted. Today, I was telling C and D about the book clubs I am going to be starting next week. As I was showing them the lists and organizers and files and folders that I have created, they kept saying "Wow, you're amazing. How do you stay so organized?" I still felt like a total geek, but at least I felt like an understood geek. I was happy to be able to share some of my ideas and ease some of the work off them.

I am realizing that it has taken me nearly 35 minutes to type this so far and I am having to fix every single word because of typos. This tells me that my brain is in "OFF" mode and I need to go to bed beroge I hurt mydlef. :) Goodnight.

No comments: