Saturday, October 30, 2004

Pity Him

This is an actual conversation that occured in my house yesterday while we were putting away dishes...
- - -
Mikey: There's no more room for glasses.
Me (looking into the cabinet): WHAT ARE YOU DOING?? That's not the way the glasses go*.
Mikey: I couldn't remember how they went because there were none in there when I started**.
Me: You couldn't remember? After 3 years of having them exactly the same, you couldn't remember?
Mikey: Nope. But they'll work this way.
Me: Yes, they will. Which is why I won't make you fix them.
- - -
And every time I have opened that cupboard since then I have had to restrain myself from rearranging them. It has been an excellent exercise in self-control. I would feel sorry for him, except that he knew exactly what he was getting into when he married me.

*Yes, there is a "way" that thing go in my kitchen. It has been carefully arranged for ease of use and clean-up.

**This is from the same man who can't wash more than ten dishes at a time because he can't manage to stack them in a way that won't eventually collapse under its own weight.

No comments: