Saturday, October 02, 2004

Kidney Update

We are currently in a holding pattern while the labs and doctors track down the results of my urine collection from last weekend. I did my part - collecting 3000+ ml* and turning them in first thing Monday morning**. I made sure to tell the Vampire Lady who to bill and where to send the results, but it seems that something got lost in translation. I spent several phone calls following the path of my errant collection, ending in the Big Lab telling me that they would take care of it. I will be calling first thing Monday morning to make sure they aren't the Big Fat Lying Lab.

In the meantime, I have been receiving near daily mailings from the Mayo clinic, each with a different set of instructions on how to fill out, mail in, not mail in, read, ignore, and dance on each page individually. Good lord. I am going to sit down this afternoon and sort through it all, completing what I can and making notes on what I can't. It's a good thing my appointment isn't until the 18th because I need that long to make heads or tails of the hospital beauracracy.

On a happier note, I managed to avoid a major observation at school because I am going to be in Rochester being manhandled by doctors. Hooray! Plus I got to look good 'cause I was able to tell the principal that "I would love to help you out, but...". Also school related: I have made lesson plans and photocopies that pretty much take me up to my October appointment. Within the next few weeks, I will get my lessons and copies done up for my big absense as well. Thank god for superb parent volunteers!

* I'm not sure exactly how much over 3000 ml, because I ran out of room in the official container and had to collect the rest in an old quart jar.

** When the Vampire Lady proceeded to poke me in the arm and once again left a HUGE, FREAKIN' BRUISE. I swear, she is the worst sticker in all of history.

No comments: