Friday, October 15, 2004

My Hero.

You all know that I heart Jon Stewart. He's is a funny, funny man and I have a deep appreciation for that. Today he was on Crossfire and he chewed them up and spit them out. They were expecting him to come on being a total doofus, cracking jokes and playing nice. Instead he accused them of being political hacks and demanded that they explain why they never hold the politicians accountable for anything. He was funny, but he was also deadly serious. The Crossfire guys got very defensive (especially the little idiot in the bowtie) and asked him why HE didn't ask the hard hitting questions. His response?

"Because my show is on Comedy Central. The show that leads up to me is puppets making crank phone calls."

HA!

He spends the entire time asking, begging, and pleading them to take their jobs as journalist seriously. They wanted, and asked for, the funny Jon and he told them, "No, I won't be your monkey." and went right back to an attempt at serious discourse. Brilliant.

Anyway, you can find some discussion including several transcript links (and possibly a video link) here. Enjoy.

No comments: