Thursday, October 07, 2004

Not Alone

Okay, so after a day of gritching about my HARD, HARD life, I am feeling better. Two things were especially helpful in turning my outlook around.

1. I managed to track down my urine collection results - they had been sent to my regular doctor despite the way I carefully made sure that both labs had the contact information for the transplant coordinator at Mayo. My regular doctor (or rather her nurse) quickly responded to my phone call and took care of the problem efficiently. I HEART MY DOCTOR AND HER NURSE.

2. Amy posted her own version of Survival VII: Medical Madness. Reading it reminded me that I have been dealing with this for a month. She's been dealing with this for 5 years and will continue to deal with it for a very long time. That's why I am going through all this in the first place. You have my undying admiration, Amy.

I don't have things so bad. Sometimes I forget that.

No comments: