Monday, April 26, 2004

Expect the best, Plan for the worst

I had to write up sub plans this afternoon, as I am taking a day to observe in some other classrooms tomorrow. Last week's adventure in SubLand was a dismal failure, resulting in a disappointing letter, a frustrated teacher and some severely chastised kids. I am hoping that tomorrow will go better. For one thing, I have a sub that I know and trust instead of one randomly chosen by the computer. For another, the kids know they BETTER NOT MESS UP AGAIN! And for a third, I will be wandering the halls throughout the day, so they will know that any problems will be dealt with immediately. I told the sub to give them some special outside time because I am that hopeful that they will earn it. I also left plenty of less desirable things for them to do if they don't - just in case.

No comments: