Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Yard Update

No water feature guy. I guess that part will have to wait awhile.

They cleared out the weeds on one side of the house and fixed up the path that we use to get the garbage cans out to the street. Kind of. I am not thrilled with the way the path is laid, but maybe they are still working on it. We'll see. They set out railroad ties to make raised beds in my garden area. Still have to get water to that side of the house and finish it up, but it looks good so far. They even fixed the sunken path down the middle. They tore up the rotting deck, and tomorrow they will make a paver patio of some kind. It looks a little crazy in that area, but only because it is unfinished.

I have been inspired by the work they are doing to get some little things done myself. Or at least inspired to think about doing them. I want to put new flowers in the front of the house. I am going to buy a new arbor for the grape vines. And I am going put upsome latticework for the morning glory. That is - if I can work up the nerve to make a decision and buy any of the materials needed for these projects.

I am a very capable person when it comes to my classroom. Put me in a room with 32 kids and I can hold my own. However, put me in the vacinity of small household fix-it problems and I am totally worthless. I fumble and bumble and ask stupid questions. And the finished project always looks like something a 1st grader threw together. Argh.

No comments: