Friday, April 23, 2004

Whadda Week!

As usual, here it is - Friday night - and I am exhausted! Seems like we never do anything on the weekends because we are always too busy recovering from the weeks. Except during the summer. Being a teacher has it's perks! :)

Our yard has been all finished up. The garden has raised beds and its very own station on the sprinkler system. I had to fight for the latter, but eventually the yard guy saw it my way. The backyard has a new patio and looks much more open. I have big plans, as mentioned in the previous post, for planting and touching up little thing. I have already begun to tear out the electric malibu lights, and I have done much trimming of trees. It is amazing how much happier the trees are when they are given regular prunings. Much like children with their boundries.

Speaking of children, we had our open house at school last night. Many families showed up. ASTWHBA. I was thanked for doing such a wonderful job, told that children enjoyed coming to school, complimented on my fortitude through this difficult year, informed that my room was "perfect", and in general given much love all evening long. I was full of warm fuzzies when it was all over. The kids went above and beyond in helping me get the room ready and putting up with my stress-induced mania.

In other news, we currently have 16 boxes of cereal in our possession (thanks to an Albertson's sale). I can now do 3 sets of 15 crunches after my 30 minute work-out, as opposed to the 2.5 sets of 10 I was doing when we started. I can conclusively say that I DO NOT like zombie movies. We have jumped all the hoops in the "Refinance your Home" circus and are now saving hundreds of dollars a month (much like a commercial!). Mikey is spending a large portion of our newly saved hundreds on a newly aquired server. And finally, I will be planting my garden tomorrow morning and swimming myself cool tomorrow afternoon - weather permitting.

No comments: