Thursday, June 19, 2003

Doctor (or rather the Nurse Practitioner) looked me over this morning and gave me a diagnosis. "You have a cough." Exactly what I thought she would say. So now I am the proud owner of a packet of antibiotic pills, each the size of a football, and a big bottle of cough syrup that I could sell on the black market. She did remind me that the last time I was at the doctor for a non-annual checkup type reason was for this exact same thing. I had completely forgotten. It seems that a couple years ago I had a viral thing that damaged my lungs just enough that they can't heal themselves like they're supposed to. Last time I ended up with an inhaler full of steroids. This time I am hoping that I don't have to go that far. I hated that thing. It tasted FOUL.

I am debating taking a dosage of the heavy duty cough syrup now. I know that it will knock me out (I'm a total lightweight). But since the weather today sucks and I am feeling droopy anyway, that might not be such a bad thing. I just dunno.

No comments: