Sunday, June 29, 2003

I just watched Pulp Fiction again and I feel compelled to say again, "Pulp Fiction is a GREAT movie!" There is so much more to it than you see the first time. And, although I disagree with the commentary saying that it is not a violent film, I do think that there is lots more to it than that. After you watch it, you have to watch with the commentary on so that you can be clued into the "in" jokes and the little references that you might not have noticed the first time around.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the dialogue, too. It is just so...real. Weird, but real. For example, in a hectic emergency-type situation we hear the following (or something relatively close)...

Girl: What's he looking for? What are you looking for?
Guy: (From the other room) My little black medical book.
Girl: What?
Guy: A little black book. I know it's in here.
Girl: Your what?
Guy: A book. Shut up and help me find it.
Girl: You'll never find anything in this mess.

Even though there is a girl ODing on their living room floor they are having a domestic squabble induced by too much stress and adrenaline. That is real. An unusual situation, maybe, but a realistic portrayal of it.

No comments: