Sunday, June 22, 2003

So, who am I reading lately? Let's look at my blogroll...

A Small Victory - I read Michele's blog because I like her thoughts on her kids, her photographs, her wit. I am also drawn to her political posts even though they almost always leave me screaming at my computer monitor and bemoaning the state of the world. We are on absolute opposite poles politically, but I appreciate that she brings certain issues to my attention, even though I react to them in a different manner.

Ain't Too Proud to Blog - This blog is done somewhat like mine. Short posts about things that appeal to, disturb, or happen to the author. Plenty of links to interesting places. It's a quick read that was just recently added to my regulars list.

Amy - One of the first blogs I ever read, this one belongs to my cousin. I feel more connected to my family in MN when I read her posts about life, illness and raising her son.

A Woman Who Loves Insects - Although this blog is not updated very often, the amazing style and humerous content is well worth the wait.

Because I Say So! - So many of the blogs I read are written by women in New York. Interesting. Anyway, I like the NY attitude and insights I find at this blog.

Confessions of a Grade School Role Model - An American teaching preschoolers in Japan. So many ways that can be amusing.

Da Goddess - What can I say about Joanie? She writes some of the funniest, truest, most touching stuff I have found on the internet. And she pointed out oneword to me. Gotta love her.

Dragonfly Baby - Another of my cousins. Yet another perspective into the tangle that is my family.

Electric Venom - This is also a recent addition to the blogroll and I'm not exactly sure how to explain/catagorize it. All I know is that I enjoy it enough to go back regularly. A good mix of personal stuff and tidbits from the news.

Gut Rumbles This guy is a paradox to me. Half the time he is writing heartwrenching stuff about his kid and his life that I really enjoy. The rest of the time he is pissing and moaning about women and politics and people who disagree with him. I don't like that stuff at all. But the posts about his son keep me coming back.

Moody Mama - This woman has 5 kids, another on the way and she just moved into a new house. Yet she still finds time to blog. I am in awe. Plus, she's funny.

Not So Simple - I find this blog to be a very realistic look at life. She discusses many things that I wouldn't be willing to talk about and admits that there are things she doensn't like to talk about. I know that I don't know much about the real Meegan, but I like what I know. This is one of the few bloggers I think I might like in person.

Ranting Mikey - I love this guy. Really. :) He doesn't post often enough.

Wil Wheaton Dot Net - One of the few famous people who actually seems real. He let's his readers in on many aspects of his private life. He's funny and geeky and friendly.

So there you go. As you can see, I like funny. I like real. I like personal. The political pundits can take a flying leap, as far as I am concerned. We have already proven that no amount of political analysis is going to change the world. Real people and their real lives filled with real emotion are where the real change is. These people keep it real.

No comments: