Saturday, June 07, 2003

On this page there are several example of why I abhor Bill O'reilly and his supposed "No Spin Zone". He is rude and hateful and closeminded. In his world there is no such thing as a civilized debate. When confronted with someone who doesn't fit his image of reality, he simply shouts it down. It's not even his politics that I dislike. I don't agree with him, but then again, I don't agree with a lot of people. That doesn't give me the right to insult, shout at and generally mistreat them like O'reilly does. I have never yet seen him treat anyone with a differing point of view with anything remostely resembling respect. Disgusting.

UPDATE: Got to see a re-run of the book talk on CSPAN today (6/8/03). O'reilly and Sharpton really got into it for a couple of minutes. I realized that I should be reading Molly Ivins. She was the only one in the talk who actually came intending to discuss her book and the issues. And I realized that O'reilly really thinks that he presents an unbiased view of the world. And he has convinced himself that he doesn't sink to the same levels as those other "namecallers". He doesn't hear himself when he is shouting "Shut up, just shut up!!" during the course of a "civilized debate". Ugh.

No comments: